Material in this manual for playwriting has been excerpted
in part from two of our other publications, "Teaching Curriculum
Through the Arts" and "Producing the School Play."
Learn and Teach Playwriting
This manual for playwriting can be used by the novice
to acquire the skills of playwriting, or it can also be used
by the experience playwright to polish and hone his or her
playwriting skills. It is perfect for the teacher who wishes to
have a guide for teaching playwriting to young playwrites which
clearly identifies the process and provides many activities
through which to teach it.
like the Pros
"Playwriting" is a one-of-a-kind manual
Order the hard copy for just $12!
Or ... download the e-book right now for just $9 and get
- Playwriting is written largely through dialogue form. You will find it
as enjoyable and as easy to read as a play
- Playwriting breaks down the playwriting process into
easily identifiable steps, making it easy to learn and to teach
- Playwriting explains plot, character, setting and theme with
- Playwriting is full of activities which help the student
understand every aspect of playwriting
- Playwriting, by the very nature of the process of playwriting,
will help the student sharpen his or her communication skills and
clarify his or her beliefs and opinions and learn how to put them into words
- Playwriting contains actual examples of well written scripts
so the reader can see what a good script looks like
the regular hard copy price
and save shipping!
You will receive a Zip file containing a Word document.
(Why buy an ebook? Many reasons:
ISBN: 0-942345-14-2 (42 pages. Pbk. plastic comb binding)
Other ways to order than by credit card:
Want more? Want to direct and produce?
Click here to go to
Producing the School Play teachers manual.
Books & Plays