Get them to listen and empower them as you do.
a Public Seminar
Master Teacher and
Lydia Sacasa Hill
"This seminar was extremely energizing and refreshing.
It makes you want to go back to your classroom and
try new things."
4th grade teacher, Bronx NY
per person, advanced registration
(but $25, if registering at the door...
seating is limited... first come, first served)
Click here to register now!
October 21, 2006 * 9:00-11:30 a.m.
Parish hall at St. Marks Church, NYC
The honeymoon is over. The school year is underway.
How well are your students paying attention?
How well are they behaving?
We all want to have a well-managed classroom. Yet sometimes
it seems like yelling and browbeating students into submission
is the only way. Yet we know we would rather be empowering
Don't despair. There is help available.
Learn first hand the techniques Lydia used to take an out-of-control class
of 6th grade students in an inner city Brooklyn S.U.R.R. school (many of
whom were repeating the grade for the third time, and most of whom were reading
at a third grade level) and turn them into a focused, motivated group of
students within a few weeks. Within the first
few months of school she had helped them to raise their SFA reading
test scores an average of two full grade levels .
What You'll Learn:
You will benefit personally from this workshop, too.
- Secrets which will help your students to believe in themselves
- Ways of building harmony and trust in any group
- How to control your group without resorting to
browbeating, belittling or anger
- How the arts can do wonders in helping you achieve group discipline
Wouldn't it be nice to:
And how will your students benefit from your attendance
at this seminar?
- experience that sense of accomplishment (which is probably
why you loved teaching to begin with) of knowing you are
actually able to teach your class rather than having to spend
your time fighting to get their attention?
- know you are making a real difference in the lives of your students?
- earn the respect of your colleagues and supervisors because of the
results you are getting, both in terms of class behavior, but also
because of the students' academic achievement?
- see your students blossom in front of your eyes?
- experience the energizing effect of working with an excited,
- have less discipline problems to deal with?
- have peace of mind because the stress of dealing with
and out-of-control class is gone?
This could be a life-changing seminar for whomever
- They will know (because you will help them with all of this)
what they want out of life, their goals and aspirations
and they will realize the importance of keeping those visions firmly in mind.
- They will be focused on their work because they will see it as a
direct path to their goals.
- They will learn more.
- They will develop more self esteem, both as a result of their
own achievements, and also as a result of simply believing in themselves.
- They will raise their grades and get better test scores.
- They will be less likely to get into discipline problems.
Click here to register now!
And if you know someone else who should come to this event,
please let them know! It could be the best present anyone's ever given
If you would like further information, please
email us at
Sunrise at 602: Enlightened Classroom Management by CES
(for a full description of the text,
(for a brief biography of Lydia Sacasa Hill,
(for a brief biography of Ronn Kistler,
NYC BOE Vendor # CRE 018
NYC BOE Prevention Services Contract # 9602037
NJ Professional Development Registration # 1681
Click here to see a
description of CES workshop offerings.
Click here to return to the CES homepage.